1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

liteon cdrw's

Discussion in 'Recording' started by bgober, Oct 8, 2002.

1. bgober

bgober Guest

hey, anyone out there have any experience with the liteon cdrw's (good, bad or indifferent)? any recommendations of particular models. it seems that some of our favorite online vendors (newEgg, googlegear, mwave) are highlighting the Liteon LTR-40125S 40x12x48. just thought i'd do a little poll here. it will get utilized so i want it to be reliable and durable. i know i can get a plexwriter and be happy but i'm trying to save some bucks here :) .
    thanks in advance for your feedback.
  2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    From what I have heard those units are just fine! I actually used one for a long time and had no problems with them at all! I like Plextor due the fact that it can work with Nero and CDRWIN very easily!
  3. Blutone

Blutone Guest

I use the LTR-32123s 32x12x40 with Nero mostly. I've had no probs. I haven't used it much with CDRWIN, but when I have it went smooth. If ya find a good deal on one, grab it.
  4. SonOfSmawg

SonOfSmawg Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2000
    I can't vouch for them, as I've had no personal experience with them. However, I remembered seeing one on sale the other day, so I found it for you. $56 with free shipping from Newegg, and it's BLACK!
    I just bought a Sony burner from Newegg for my girlfriend's puter. Works great, very quiet, $60.
  5. Blutone

Blutone Guest

I can't wait for the industry to decide a standard for DVD burners. M$ announced the format they're gonna side with. The DVD Forum, which includes Acer, Hitachi, IBM, LG Electronics, and NEC support the DVD-R/RW/RAM formats. The DVD+RW Alliance, however, has support from: Sony, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Philips, an Mitsubishi Chemical (to name a few...) and Microsoft just recently announced their intent to also support this one as well. However, this looks enticing.