1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Logic 8 is acting weird...

Discussion in 'Logic' started by goalmaster14, Aug 1, 2013.

1. goalmaster14

goalmaster14 Active Member

I put a picture of the Logic 8 mixer to show what I'm talking about. My buses are acting really weird and I didn't change anything. They just appeared like this. Usually when I send a track to a bus, it comes up as Bus 1, Bus 2, Etc. Now it is showing up as Bus 1-2, Bus 3-4, etc.

It also doesn't appear to be a stereo vs mono issue. but essentially, the signal from my tracks are not reaching their desired buses correctly at all. Could I have accidentally change a default setting by accident? Please help!

I Wish I just had $200 to upgrade to Logic 9 because 8 has been getting more and more buggy lately. Regardless does anyone have any solutions?

Attached Files:

2. pcrecord

pcrecord Don't you want the best recording like I do ? Well-Known Member

I doubt Logic is getting worse by it self. You might have a hardware problem (memory, video card, hdd defective or too fragmented) or a software issue ; did you do some Windows updates lately, do you acces the internet with it ? (if so check for malware and virus) When I get to a point where my setup is stable and everything works, I unplug the network card and deactivate it. I also do an image of the HDD on a backup Drive. Since my data are on a seperate one and the vsti soundbanks are on another one. If I find my system is becoming instable again, i just plug back my backup drive and test it. It helps eliminate if I have a hardware or OS problem. In the end, do a surface scandisk, maybe a plugin on that bus is corrupted. Or remove them all and reinsert them one by one..

3. goalmaster14

goalmaster14 Active Member

Logic is a Mac only program. I just found some anti virus software and I'm scanning now. Hopefully this is the problem. Regardless, it's strange that Logic seems to be the only thing affected by it

4. Mo Facta

Mo Facta Active Member

I don't know how X is but past version of Logic are known to be very buggy.

Cheers :)