1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Logic Audio won't let go

Discussion in 'Logic' started by tundrkys, Jun 26, 2002.

1. tundrkys

tundrkys Guest

Hey, I got a problem ya see. If I use logic audio, and try to go to another program(wmp,Sonar,acid, whatever) I get an error saying the program couldn't open the audio device. I have to restart the machine.
    Now after restarting, I can open any of these programs, close them and then move on to the next one, with no problem. I can then start up Logic Audio, but the problem arises again when I try another program.
    I am using my ANUS, with win98se. And a Lexicon Core2.

2. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

In SONAR there is a setting to "share resources with other apps". There may be a similar setting in LOGIC's labrynth of a menu, but I'm not sure. :confused: Or a way to stop LOGIC's engine by some kind of ctrl-alt-delete?

3. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

No, the problem being that the Core2 is not multi-client...in other words it CAN NOT work with multiple programs...you need a card that will allow this..
    Opus

4. tundrkys

tundrkys Guest

Opus, I was pretty sure that was the problem, but wishing that it wasn't so.
    I guess the other programs don't have this problem, because they aren't using the Asio driver directly, I think they go through a windows audio mapper or something. When I get home, I'll look to see if there is a way to set up Logic to work that way.
    I know what you are thinking, that I should have an enormous latency problem working this way, but the Core2 allows for direct monitoring, so I have no latency issues at all.
    I know, I know, get another card. I will, it will just be awhile. I just dropped $500 this year alone on recording programs($150 for Sonar, $299 for LogicGold 4.8(openBox)). Another $200 on a used bass, and $600 on an old Crown piano. I think I have reached the furthest edge of my wifes tolerance.
    What kinda card will be multiClient, I would like to have four inputs, I won't need more than the two main outs, and at least a mic pre would be nice.

5. Opus2000

Well, in order to have a true multi-client card you will need more than two outputs..this is how that works..by each program using a pair of outputs...
    RME, Echo and Delta are some of the multi-client cards
    Opus

6. tundrkys

tundrkys Guest

So I guess I would also need a mixer huh? Cool, I always wanted a bunch of sliders on my desk.

7. Opus2000

Yeah...I use a Mackie 1402 as my mixer...love it..it's nice to have an external mixer for things like that...I use Recycle as my 3 and 4 outs on my echo card and Nuendo with Reason on my 1 and 2 outputs...then I can use Wavelab on my 5 and 6 outputs...
    Opus