1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Lookin' for a Monitor Matrix

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by profesrgeo, May 15, 2001.

1. profesrgeo

profesrgeo Guest

Hi Fletcher and everyone,

I'm looking for a stand alone monitor matrix that will create eight separate STEREO headphone mixes from sixteen line level inputs. I envision a relatively simple rackmount mixer with 16 line level ins with each channel strip having eight pairs of knobs (gain and pan) and a master section with eight knobs controlling the master volume of each stereo mix.

Anybody know if this beast exists or will I have to pull out a soldering iron and get medieval…

geo

2. Rader Ranch

Rader Ranch Member

closest thing i've seen lately is:
    http://www.furmansound.com/HDS-16.html

doesn't exactly fit your specs though...

3. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

What would your budget be for such a device?

4. profesrgeo

profesrgeo Guest

Thanks for the replies,

The HR 16 would be ok, but I would think a line level monitor mixer might cost less.

The Furman rig would set me back ± $3,000 for six stations. I'd like eight to handle my 7 piece plus an extra for sit ins.

My comfort level for this function is more like $1,500 to $2,000

Thanks again for the input
    geo

5. anonymous

anonymous Guests

I dunno, maybe a bunch of used Mackie 16x 2 desks? The only other thing I can think of that can do what you're talking about is the Speck Electronics "Xtramix"...which at $3,500 a piece ain't going to come in under budget.

Best of luck with your search.

6. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

Ok, I was gonna suggest a century console, but I guess that's out the window. lol
    Fletcher's idea with the 1604 sounds interesting. You should be able to scoop them up used pretty cheap.