1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Looking a for a keyboard / synth

Discussion in 'Recording' started by the925s, Feb 1, 2009.

1. the925s

the925s Guest

Hi all im looking for a keyboard / synth sort of thing but i have no idea what to look for, was thinking about the microkorg but im looking for more strings and piano sounds sill would like a few synth sounds to mess around with, any idears, looking for a second hand bargin on ebay, cheers lee

2. Greener

Greener Guest

I just got given one of these.
    2008-kawai.jpg

I love it. :p

3. jordy

jordy Active Member

haha green! i was given one of those thingers also! does it have the foot pedals for the bass parts?- alota fun....i think it sounds like sh!t though (atleast the one i had) lol. yours looks like its a lil more fancy than mine was

4. the925s

the925s Guest

I have the same one i think and i love it to, is it a technics? i won mine on ebay for a pound haha, but im looking for something a little more less retro shall we say

5. UncleBob58

UncleBob58 Active Member

Is the Vocoder important to you?

For the basics you can't go wrong with most Roland products. Used JV and XV modules can be found for under $500, keyboards for slightly more. Korg stuff is also nice. In this day and age you can get lots of power for small $$$ by getting softsynths, and there's an incredible number of quality choices.

No matter if you go virtual or hardware, if you learn to program there's almost nothing you can't do. When I was a touring musician in the late '80's & early '90's I was using just an ASR-10, a U220 and my trusty DX-7. I programmed the hell out of them and the guys with the all latest toys oohed and aahed over my sounds.

6. Greener

Greener Guest

Aye it has the bass pedals. :) I haven't had a chance to play it yet though, so I don't know about the sound. I have seen it in the flesh though and it's in really good shape.
    When I get it delivered I will be posting up about it. All I know at the moment is it's a Kawai and it looks exactly like that one in the photo. I'm excited. :p

7. BDM

BDM Active Member

holy mothership!
    how is the 'samba' setting?

8. the925s

the925s Guest

cool thanks for you help, the vocoder isnt somthing i will use but ill keep an eye out for those models and good old ebay lol, thanks again lee. ps if anyone knows anything about cubase please reply to my new thread before i throw my pc out the window :)