1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

looking for a mixer to use in daw mixdowns

Discussion in 'Recording' started by itchy, Jun 1, 2005.

1. itchy

itchy Guest

hello everyone, i've been trying to mixdown in daw software for years now, and i hate it. completely. in the next year or so i would like to get a mixer that i can use to apply eq and mixdown using contols that i am comfortable with. i really don't care to learn any control surfaces, so i'm not really considering one for this purpose. i would like to integrate it into my lynx L22/ls-aes system i have now, but here's the catch - analog outs are at a shortage. the L22 only has 2 analog outs. but, with the ls-aes installed, and the 2 digital outs on the L22 + the 2 analog outs, i have a total of 12 physical outputs from my daw.

obviously, i would like to find a mixer that can take aes digital inputs. Mic pres are not a necessity at all, since i am not tracking with this. good eq is a must. does anyone have any suggestions to where i can start looking for something like this?

thanks for the help,