1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Looking for a particular sound effect

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Jecjies, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Jecjies

Jecjies Member

Hi
    Does anyone know of the sound effect library this sound came from?

YouTube - ‪That creaking door stock sound‬‏

It is in many movies & games from 80s-90s.

Thanks

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Sounds like a pretty noisy sample but if you like it so much, why not just sample it like they did in the 80's and early 90's. That's what we all did back then. This one would be easy because there is nothing else in it but that. Find the movie and sample it.

3. audios

audios Active Member

Yeah, its called FOLEY. I do it every day when i can find just the right SFX for a film I'm working on. Most of my FX are from personal libraries i have collected over the years of doing foley. But occasionally I do go to Sound Dogs and Sonomic because they have a lot of the industry standard FX. Check it out.

4. dedymann

dedymann Member

This sound very familiar,I am sure I have it somewhere but I spent 15 minutes looking for it on my sound effects libraries but didn't find it.
    I did find allot of screen doors creaks that sound very close, So I believe it is a screen door.
    David
    Sound Effects Online | Free Online Sound Effect | Online Sound Effects | Music Sound Effects