1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Looking for an upgrade for my MacBook pro

Discussion in 'Computers / Software' started by MBCC, Jun 11, 2012.

1. MBCC

MBCC Member

lokking for an upgrade to my macbook for recording
    by aidanv » Sun, 10 Jun 2012 10:24 pm
    hey guys, im aidan and i just signed up to this forum.

only been recording for a few weeks now, but am enjoying myself lots.
    I am a muscian, been playing guitar for a number of years on and off, drums for a few years now and also a bit of bass.
    in the last year i started singing and leading in my church, so i have been learning a bit about singing, and i just bought a m audio keystation to go with my setup so im learning that too.

i have also been mixing sound for a few years either in my church, at band events in our area and also have done some work with a sound and lighting firm working with planet shakers church and hillsong as main clients.

i have always had an interest in recording so i thought id get into it as a bit of a hobby.

my gear list can be found in my signature.
    i hve found my Macbook starts to use alot of CPU when i have a project going with a number of tracks, so i am looking to get another computer i can setup as my recording rig

i am having a toss up between a imac 21 or a mini mac. i will be using studio one 2 pro s i am finding this a great program

im leaning towards the mini mac because i can up spec them quite well and still have a fairly cheap setup. and just geta large tv to use as a monitor

i was wondering would i be better off with the with the 2.5ghz dualcore upgraded to 2.7 or the 2ghz quad core server mac mini.
    i dont alot about computers, i just know i like macs cause i have found them alot easier to use since i moved over to them and i want another one as i am so used to them now.

pleasefeel free to comment as you will.

or let me know if u think i should go the imac instead
    love to hear what others are using

ill be keeping my macbook for recording away from home and when i travel i can use it for everything else

Here is my current setup if anyone cares
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339399966.344608.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339399924.019699.jpg

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?arl5de