1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Looking for convertor advise please based on my setup...

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Shanesaw, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Shanesaw

Shanesaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Indio, CA

I recently purchased a Toft ATB 24 console and now should be looking into converters. However i invested a chunk of money into this console already and will probally need to sell items to get converters recomended. Basically i have a Focusrite Sapphire 56 and a Mackie Blackbird (both were temporarily purchased for Pro Tools while on a console hunt) i can get rid of. I also have a Hammer EQ that is worth a pretty penny. So my thoughts were to either sell the Hammer EQ as i have good EQs in the Toft as well as sell the two interfaces, than get a nice Lynx or Apogee converter setup. Second thought was to keep the Hammer EQ and sell the two interfaces and get a less pricey converter setup such as a RME Multiface II and the RME ADI-8 DS. I know this is subjective and depends more on style of music recording. Also, i am not recording super HIFI audiophile classical, orhestra, or piano music. More alternative rock with distorted guitars etc... Thx