1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

looking for digi piano

Discussion in 'Piano' started by ThirdBird, Jan 28, 2011.

1. ThirdBird

ThirdBird Active Member

What is the cheapest digital piano available with these requirements? (in this order?)

76 Keys
    Weighted keys
    Good sound

Thanks!

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

The keyboard player that I just finished playing a show with used this:
    Roland V-Piano Digital.

It was very organic sounding. I'm realllly fussy when it comes to keyboards and this was impressive. I will buy one in time. Take note... his was older so I'm not totally sure if this newer model is exact but I can't imagine why it isn't as good or better.. He told me he has used it in the studio and live for years and loved it. His chops were as good as it gets.

I recommend it

Roland V-Piano Digital Modeling Piano at zZounds

3. TimOBrien

TimOBrien Active Member

Did 'ya even tthink about going to one of the catalog retailer sites (musiciansfriend.com or zzounds.com etc.) and hitting the SORT BY PRICE button?????????????

4. audiokid

audiokid Staff

hmmm... bad answer. He's a member asking for "our" opinion, not what some computer generating program spits out.

5. lambchop

lambchop Active Member

Personally, I don't understand why you would limit yourself to 76 keys.

Anyhow, the answer I always give people about digital pianos is to look at buying a used Roland RD700 or one of its newer versions (RD700SX, RD700GX etc). It has the most authentic feel of any of the weighted keyboards I've used and its onboard sounds are VERY impressive.