1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Looking to Purchase DAW

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Rabbie56, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Rabbie56

Rabbie56 Guest

Hi guys new to the forums and new to DAW. At one time I had a Lexicon Alpha that I used with Cubase LE4 I believe, but got rid of it. I'm looking to do some "At Home Recording" meaning Ideas and such, but I want to be able to have something of good quality. I'm a guitar player that i plan on plugging into a Line 6 Pod with various other effects and use maybe a drum program with other plug ins to get the other instruments I need. I wanted to pick the great minds on here on what would be best for my needs and money. I looked into some on the Presonus Firewire products that seem to be good, but I'm not sure since I have almost no experience with this stuff.

So what do you guys recommend for a DAW? It will just be me mostly recording so I don't believe I will need a lot of inputs. Also what programs for drums / virtual instruments do you recommend?

Sorry if I sound confusing or ignorants to this subject. If you need me to give you more info let me know. Thanks for the help
  2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Moderator Resource Member

Mar 20, 2008
    currently Billings
    I think you are confusing DAW with Interface. A DAW is the computer program that manipulates the audio coming from the interface.

DAW: I recommend Reaper.

Interface: for limited inputs I would recommend the EMU 1616M.
  3. Rabbie56

Rabbie56 Guest

Yeah I guess I meant interface thanks for correcting. Like I said I'm new lol