1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Lost my sales rep....

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by strungthumb, Feb 4, 2010.

1. strungthumb

strungthumb Guest

Dammit!! The salesman I've gone through for my major purchases over the past few years has moved on to bigger and better things. Dammit again!!

He's cut me some really sweet deals over the years. It had gotten to the point that He was the first and only call I had to make. Can any of you help me out. Do any you know a really kick ass sale dude/chick you could turn me on to? Dammit.. dam dam...DAM!
  2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff Resource Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Prince George, BC
    Home Page:
    Okay, my turn...

Ya me and my circle of friends ROCK! :cool:

Somehow I feel this is a really loaded question about to go sideways lol. Okay... tell us what you are really needing?

Remy, I think you're up next!
  3. strungthumb

strungthumb Guest

Simply put.. I was ready to buy something, called Atlanta Pro Audio. Gary no longer works there.

I need an AEA RPQ.

sideways aside...
  4. MadMax

MadMax Distinguished Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Sunny & warm NC
    Home Page:
    Finding another sales rep to deal with and build a relationship with is tough.

It used to be that you had sales folks calling and wanting to build that relationship. With the advent of the internet, a LOT of that has gone by the wayside... not all, but a LOT.

I can name a lot of names of vendors I would recommend, and even quite a few I would recommend you stay the hell away from... but that's not exactly a smart thing to do in this case.

I would strongly encourage you to shop the web, and call the companies in your local region and even some of the national companies that have a good reputation.

If you don't like the vibe you get with one rep, but like the price, I'd maybe call em' back a bit later and see if you can get another rep on the phone to see if it's the company, or the rep, that you don't click with.

I'd actually consider calling AEA direct and talk with them. Wes's staff is not a huge corporate environment. It's a pretty small shop of folks who really care about their company and their products. Maybe they can point you to a dealer/distributor who fits you.

If nothing else, PM me, and I'll give you some names of folks I've dealt with... realizing that you may or may not like dealing with the same personalities.

Good luck!
  5. Mauisnow13

Mauisnow13 Active Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Idaho, US
    PM'ing you with a bud of mine that gives me good deals on mics. I'm sure he can help with other stuff too.
  6. Jeemy

Jeemy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2003
    I just PMed you an amazing guy.