1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Lost profile

Discussion in 'Recording' started by MarcusDavid, Jun 12, 2006.

1. MarcusDavid

MarcusDavid Guest

Hi gang,

I just recently got a corrupted profile and have had to rebilud another, while reinstalling the drivers for my soundcard. (among everything else) Everything seems ok I can get signals in each track display when I trigger the midi sounds via keyboard, but I am getting no sound. (Cubase SE) When I open Reason I have no problems and can trigger and hear sounds perfectly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to get things back to normal again?

a million thanks
    Marcus

2. MarcusDavid

MarcusDavid Guest

yeah, it looks like al the hardware is recognized. it loads up and apears in all the dropdowns for instruments and profiles. In fact, when I hit the keyboard, the signal shows up in the track display so it is getting something. I also can see all the signal lights moving if I load and play a current song.. just no volume.

I have noticed that the Volume Control icon in the system tray has a red x in it, as if it is muted. However, when I open the control, the main volume slider is muted and Aux 2 is muted.. automatically. When I un-mute them though... still nothing. I wonder if this may mean there is some sort of conflict that has arisen which may be causing the obvious feed, but lack of sound.

3. MarcusDavid

MarcusDavid Guest

Solved.. I just needed to disable the onboard audio interface.

thanks all!