1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Loud Speakers

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by nihility0000, May 9, 2006.

1. nihility0000

nihility0000 Guest

I recently made the horrific mistake of performing a listening test on some Bowers and Wilkins. I say mistake because now I must have some and that will require large sums of money (which I am struggling to attain). I was looking at the B & W CM1’s, which are bookshelf speakers. Powered by a Rotel Power amp connected with MIT cables.

My plan is to use these as studio monitors for the most part. I also plan on mastering ONLY a little bit, as I don’t have the room for it. I know this will be an incredible upgrade from my current blue sky 2.1 system, which now makes me cringe with pain to hear their “flabby-ness”. But I still can’t help but think it could be a mistake, and at $1,600 it will be a huge one.
    What do you guys think?

I am also in the market for a new A/D/A converter to beef up my current Motu 2408 mk3.

My second question is: Will the need for a more accurate monitoring system take precedence over a better A/D/A? Or the complete opposite?
  2. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Pacific NW
    The two will be the perfect complement of each other, though I dont think the A/D/A improvement will do much for the Blue Skys.