1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Love my TascamUS224, HATE my "scratchy-sounds" of

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Jbon, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Jbon

Jbon Guest

Does anyone have any possible suggestion?

How come a noisy mouse might be?

'it's not usb any longer, I tried that, and it obviously wasn't the "cause" of my noisy staticky sounding mouse....
    AS I "MOVE" MY MOUSE, while a recorded file "plays", the noise is terrible!!

I may as well mention that for now I am testing the 2-3 variable drivers from Tascam with no change between the two latest ones from one to the other, same crappy noises...
    there has to be some really "stupid-on-my-part" error, or mis-connection in my configuration or ...
    of course its also very likely to be the "re-format" I have put-off and put-off for-ever and ever...
    can anyone tell me whether that could be it?

I do not really see how.... am I wrong?
    I have been using "Registry-First-Aid" for "getting by" I suppose i should admit.. but I simply want to learn as much as I can of any and all aspects of "fixing" anything! I know that is not "all that wrong", if at all.....(seriously doubt it) but anyway it makes for some confusion along the way, but I am determined to at least ask now and then when I do have such an overbearing difficulty with such a stupid difficulty.. and its probably so simple.. after its all over and done etc. anyway thanks

thanks to any- any- any body with any- kind of an idea for me to try or the knowledge about whether Iam wrong to think windows could NOT be the cause....

2. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Distinguished Member

Feb 9, 2005
    South Florida
    Home Page:
    Hows about some specs? What computer, what video card, what drivers, Ram, etc?

I've seen (heard?) this sort of thing happen when there is a grounding problem between a laptop and the audio interface.
  3. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Having a ton of experience with Tascam USB based products as well as other USB Based audio products I can tell you this isn't a driver related problem with the Tascam. Typically it is system related..

It could be:
    Video card driver;
    BIOS related;
    USB Mouse related;
    or simply OS related.

As pr0gr4m stated we need to know more information about your computer. Give us the details and we can try to help you. Otherwise it's hard for us to give any advice at all.

Opus :D
  4. Jbon

Jbon Guest

My terrible (I am so , sorry)