1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

LYNX and Others

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Link555, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Link555

Link555 Well-Known Member

This is probably old news to most of you, but I just want to mention it. I have had a Lynx L22 for 2 years now. And it works very well.

I bought it to simply take the digital output of the Cranesong Hedd192 into my box. I have used the 2 ADC on the card a few times, and quite frankly they are pretty decent, even compared to the Hedd192. So I am happy with the card.

Well recently I bought the LS-ADAT adapter board for the card. This lets me tap in 16 digital I/O on the L22 via ADAT.

First let me tip my hat to Lynx.

A two channel card that allowed me to input 16 digital tracks with a simple $300 upgrade, that’s impressive.

Finally a electronics manufacture with some foresight in their product development.
    I really wish I could find more designers that allow this kind of flexibility. Lynx has allowed me to grow with the product, and has not forced me to buy a new product line.

Does anyone know of any other manufactures that have these design philosophies?