1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

M-Audio 1010 with Visual Basic

Discussion in 'Recording' started by 4me2, Feb 8, 2006.

1. 4me2

4me2 Guest

I want to built a device in which a user can select (by clicking) a max of 16 audiosources which fade in or out (if they click the icon a second time)

I have foud documentation for the M-audio 1010 with C++, but so far not with Visual Basic (6 or 2005)

My plan is to provide the user with a desktop which contains the pictures of the persons in the game (all wearing a wireless mike) and by clicking their specific picture, audio of that person becomes available

I tried using a Matrix switcher from NETWORK A6464, but each time it switches I hear a click. I want to avoid this clicking by using an audio mixer/switch like the M-Audio 1010 and to control the faders using a Visula Basic script.

ANY help will be very much appreciated

Harpert The Netherlands
  2. If the M-Audio has an API then you should be able to make calls to it using Visual Basic the same as you would in C++, unless it requires you to include header files of some kind rather than using DLLs. If they provide pre-compiled DLLs just instantiate those DLLs at the top of your VB file and then make the appropriate objects and call the appropriate methods.

3. David French

David French Distinguished Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Shotgun, are you a programmer by day?

4. Yes sir, the other half of my time is in front of a computer. I haven't figured out where to fit in sleep, but I can type and eat a taco at the same time now.
  5. McCheese

McCheese Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Ah, the first step on the path to computer greatness.
  6. David French

David French Distinguished Member

Jun 19, 2002
    I thought that only a programmer would know that.
  7. baadc0de

baadc0de Active Member

Oct 6, 2005
    You can use Managed DirectX for that (the DirectSound component of DirectX that is).