1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Problems

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by DWEL, Oct 29, 2004.

1. DWEL

DWEL Guest

I just bought and installed the soundcard yesterday. When I install the hardware, and then the drivers it installs fine, for music playback. The pc doesn't detect the settings for recording. I've tried re-installing the drivers but I still get the same result, and I've even switched thePCI slots. In the properties in Volume Control, I click on Recording and there is just a blank entry box. Anybody able or willing to help?
  2. heyman

heyman Guest

Make sure you do not have a another soundcard installed and running. Also, if you have onboard Sound built into the computer, disable it in the bios so that windows doesnt use it at startup. Try that...
  3. DWEL

DWEL Guest

I'v gotten everything to work now except for the mic being recorded onto the pc. I called both behringer and m-audio and they're both blaming each others product. Both of them seem to say it's working right.

My original soundcard was integrated in the pc, so I just put this in a PCI slot. How would I disable it in BIOS?
  4. heyman

heyman Guest

Bios is the first thing you see when you boot your computer up. To get into it, you may seem something like ... Press F2 or delete or something to enter setup. That should get you into the bios. Then see if you can disable the onboard soundcard.