1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

M-Audio Delta 1010lt

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Nirvalica, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Nirvalica

Nirvalica Guest

I just got this today, and i tried recording my guitar amp with a SM-57 and the sound was way overloaded. So i turned down the mic signal with the card's built in digital mixer. well, it was still overloaded and clipping, so i figured some of the clipping was from the mixer's volume thing being turned up all the way. But the preamp is still clipping when i mic even just yell into it. now i don't know where to turn the preamps down. Its not in the cards control panel. Also, the xlr inputs are supposed to double as line inputs, and i don't know where to turn off the preamps to use them as line inputs. im guessing both of those things are in the same place, and i can't find them.
  2. Aitzi

Aitzi Guest

there is a Jumper to set on the card between Mic-and Line on Cannel 1+2

The position is in the manual.

much fun

3. Nirvalica

Nirvalica Guest

Could you explain what a jumper is? i heard this somewhere else, but it didn't really sound like what i wanted.
  4. Aitzi

Aitzi Guest

please have a look in your manual.

maybe your "Jumper" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumper_(computing)) is set to
    micro level than the guitar would overdrive the input.

you also can degree the input levels at the midiman driversoftware.

hope i could help you

5. Reggie

Reggie Distinguished Member

Dec 20, 2004
    The on-board preamps are pretty much shite. Thrown in so they could say that it has "mic preamps." Get a DMP3 like everyone else and enjoy.
  6. Nirvalica

Nirvalica Guest

Im going to get the dmp3, but right now i don't have any money. I also want to know how to use the xlr inputs as line inputs.
  7. Nirvalica

Nirvalica Guest

Well, I figured out a solution. im running my mic into an outboard eq and using the volume control to turn down the signal coming into the preamp. it seems to work alright....
  8. Nirvalica

Nirvalica Guest

I'm an idiot. I got a response from the M-audio customer service people and they said the same jumper thing. They told me it was on page 9 or so in the manual (which is was). I must have skipped over that page because I thought it just said how to stick it in your computer. But the jumper thing is correct. Thanks for the help.