1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

M-audio Fast Track Pro vs. Presonus Firebox

Discussion in 'Recording' started by kostik, Nov 28, 2006.

1. kostik

kostik Guest

I'm trying to figure out which one to get the fast track pro or the presonus firebox, any comments to which is better?
  2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    Some of your decision may rely upon what kind of software you intend to use? If you want to utilize ProTools, you'll need the M-Audio devices since they are generally ProTools empowered. You have to use specific equipment for ProTools.

I've heard very good things about the Presonus audio equipment in comparison to the M-Audio stuff but since I don't own either, I can only tell you that both will provide you with professional results when coupled with reasonable microphones.

(Well she's no help....)
    Ms. Remy Ann David
  3. kostik

kostik Guest

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure which software I will use since I am new to this. Is ProTools the software that I should be using, or are the other ones like Sonic or Cubase better?
  4. kostik

kostik Guest

I was doing more research and I noticed the Lexicon Omega. How does it compare to the presonus firebox? I know it is not firewire, but in terms of sound quality. It seems to be a better design than the firebox.
  5. thewyldkat

thewyldkat Guest

Used them both inclusing Lexicon. Firebox is the best hands down.