1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

M-Audio soundcard (FW 410). Can't record 'what you hear' ?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by zeep, Apr 5, 2005.

1. zeep

zeep Guest

For my productions i'm using a PC with a M-Audio 410 Firewire. Very pleased with it so far. I am having trouble understanding how the 410's control panel works though;

How must i set the mixer to make the 410 record itself?

With my old SB-Live soundcard i could select 'what you hear' in the record properties and then in i.e. Soundforge i could record everything that played.

As far as the 410 is concerned, i tried and searched the m-audio knowledge base but i can't get the card to record its own output. Surely i don't have to use the analog Out / In to make it happen?
  2. chriscavell

chriscavell Guest

Try downloading a demo version of the new M-Powered version of Pro Tools for that interface here.

(for anyone wondering, this version was "announced" very quietly less than an hour ago)
  3. Kswiss

Kswiss Guest

I have a Delta 1010, but i imagine the control panel is the same. When you choose recording inputs to choose from, you should have 1,2,3, and 4, and then you should also have a 5 and a 6 that are the outputs. Make sure they are turned on in software, and then record from then. Anything that runs through the main stereo bus is recorded.

4. zeep

zeep Guest

Thanks for your input. I got an email from M-Audio the other day and they say it can't be done except in the host ( Cubase SX2 ). They suggested i give TotalRecorder a try. I havent tried it yet.