1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mac or PC

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jonny9720, Apr 7, 2008.

1. jonny9720

jonny9720 Guest

It’s the legendary Question but which is better?

I own a mobile recording studio mainly used for recording live gigs.

At the moment I have a Presonus FP10 and an old Mesh laptop recently the mesh has died and am looking towards getting a new one.

What should I go for... Mac or Pc? Which is better for recording??

Thanks in advance...

Jonny
    :)

2. Sidhu

Sidhu Active Member

Considering that both are intels now, If u are looking laptop, get a mac. A similarly spec'd windows laptop will cost more. And a mac can run windows. However, consider that a macbook will not have an expansion slot. A macbook pro will.

If looking to go desktop, i would prefer a windows machine. Much cheaper, and if configured well, runs fantastic. Unless ofcource u run mac based applets.

Cheers!
    Sidhu

3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

Depends on what software you want to use.

I own both platforms, but the apps I prefer to use for audio and video are Mac only.

8)

4. TheFraz

TheFraz Active Member

I personally find macs to be far better tools for recording. but it is all preference.

5. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

I dunno about that. My preferred tools for recording involve a mixer, a bunch of cables, guitars, mics, etc....

I plug it into the PC though, with various stupid configurations of XP and VM's running obscure badly-installed versions of Linux on it.