1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mackie Onyx Blackbird

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Guitarfreak, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Guitarfreak

Guitarfreak Well-Known Member

Anyone hear of this? It's supposedly a new product in the Onyx line. Good/bad reviews? I'm always skeptical when a company known for having a good line of gear comes out with something 'new'.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Blackbird/

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

It still isn't shipping. I would love to see RO get a couple for evaluation. I started a thread mid July but there wasn't/isn't or at least does not seem to be a lot of interest. It seems to me that the market is saturated with mid level interfaces. The Blackbird seem to be a decent product at the listed price however. It would be nice to see a firewire based interface that incorporated significant dsp power. I know that Motu has one and Steinberg has dsp enhanced interfaces but I would really like to see some serious competition for the AVID users out there. The software already exists we just need a DSP enhanced interface to put them on the run.

3. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Here's a thought for you hardware developers out there. How about an interface with DSP option that allows you to install a stock CPU of your choice? Just a thought. An Interface with an AM3 socket or Intel Socket and two ram slots. OK, maybe I'm dreaming here but wouldn't that put a wrench into the Pro Audio world?