1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mackie Universal controller

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Caisson, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Caisson

Caisson Guest

Hey...I was wondering if anyone knows of any other universal controllers other than the Mackie?
  2. jobu2u

jobu2u Guest

I have the Tascam us-2400. It doesn't have ALL the bells and whistles that a MCU has but I got mine "b-stock" for $1200. Not bad for 24+1 motorized faders; solo, select, mute and a panner on each track; and a sturdy transport control.

You might want to check it out. 8)
  3. JBsound

JBsound Guest

I used the Mackie for a while and it was really pretty nice. Not as good as something like a Control 24, but I enjoyed using it. I just tend to be a little faster with the ol' keyboard and mouse right now.
  4. Caisson

Caisson Guest

What are some of the advantages to using a controller, and is it really worth paying $ 900 to 1500 on one?
  5. JBsound

JBsound Guest

It depends...if it improves your work flow then it is. I am so used to the mouse and keyboard that I sold my Mackie...although I have been considering getting one and making myself learn it. I think it would be faster in the long run. Right now I am using a Soundcraft Ghost which probably doesn't get used to the best of its abilities. I'm always using outboard pre's and mixing in the box it seems.
  6. Caisson

Caisson Guest

7. zemlin

zemlin Distinguished Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    Home Page:
    I hear better with my eyes closed.
    Due to room layout constraints my monitors (speakers) are behind me when I'm sitting at my DAW.

I'm considering a Mackie controller so I can sit facing my monitors, close my eyes, and mix without having to look at the computer screen - a handful of faders and a jog wheel.