1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mackie VLZ PRO competes against the big name mic pre's

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by Sanity Inn, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

Hey Gang, I was browsing and came accross this artical

thought I'd share..

Mic Pre Shoot Out

Sanity Inn

[ July 02, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Kurt Foster ]

2. Guest

Purely as a public service, I will reluctantly sacrifice my Mackie in a one for one trade with anyone who would like to upgrade from their Telefunkens, Neves, Tube Techs, API's, Helios, etc.

Hey, that's the kind of great guy I a!m!

3. Rod Gervais

Rod Gervais Active Member

Littledog,

what a friend - what a bud.......

Rod

4. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

rofl , that was good,,

hey , I thought it would get some reactions :) )

Sanity

" Logic rules, emotion wins "

5. vinniesrs

vinniesrs Active Member

Here is a little known fact about roswell. In the late 1940's a spaceship crashed in area 51. on board that spaceship were numerous creatures of strange origin. one of them was.......Greg Mackie?

Just kidding. I DO have a mackie board, and I don't think the preamps are bad by any means. I have had the opportunity to a with avalon and amek, and I do notice a difference. I will say that the mackie pre's are competent. The eq's aren't too good, but the mackie seems clean, and presents a good value for the dollar.

This article seems a little crazy though, or did Greg mackie really come from the andromeda galaxy?(I'm going to take my board apart and look for alien symbols! :D :D )

6. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

(Dead Link Removed)