1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mad shoot out 4 sub-systems tested~

Discussion in 'Recording' started by anonymous, Jun 20, 2005.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guests

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

man i thought this thread will get a little more action..

has no one noticed how the Dual Cores are beating the Dual CPU counterparts?

the X2 even beating the mighty opterons.

Scott
    ADK

3. Drizzt

Drizzt Guest

THanks for the posts. IT really can provide some insight into future purchases. I asusme those were single core opertons and xeons. If so it will be interesting to see how well the dual cores perform.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guests

HI,

in the Sonar tests it was both single and dual core opterons

in the Nuendo only single core. you can expect the same performance gains in Nuendo/cubase as seen in Sonar.
    the present release on CUbendo didnt support the 4 cores properly.

Scott
    ADK

5. Drizzt

Drizzt Guest

My bad, must have been half asleep when i read the benchmarks, i thought it read as OC opterons not DC opterons. Impressive numbers they display. Though the Athlons could really prove to be quite the "budget" DAW CPU.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guests

thats for sure.. i cant see too many people needing the big dog Dual Dual Core

just think for $300 more than a standard 939 system you have a system that outperforms a much more expensive dual opti...

Scott

7. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Nice work Scott.

The dual cores are looking like the real deal.

I haven't gotten my hands on one yet but I'm looking at them for remote server use in low traffic areas. I downloaded your benchmarks before so I'll run them on the first one I build.

I was thinking 939 for my new DAW but a DC may be just what the doctor ordered.

Keep it coming!