1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

makeshift surround system for theater?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Auxsam, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Auxsam

Auxsam Guest

Hello All, I have a small problem: I work for this television show in El Salvador and we go on the air in about 4 weeks. The producers want to screen the pilot episode at a small theater nearby. And when i mean thater i dont mean cinema, you have to bring your own sound to this theater!!! So therefore i have to put together a make shitf surround system for one night only in a theater, can anybody please help me to do this?? I havent thought it through, but one idea is to rent out 5 JBL eons( amplified) and 1 eon sub and then basically send lines from the L,C,R,Ls,Rs,LFE outs of a DVD. Would i need to delay some speakers due to the distance between them? can anybody please help me out because im a little lost!!! Thank you all, i come here all the time and you guys always have great answers. The surround encoding i will be using will be AC3.

2. Auxsam

Auxsam Guest

Sorry for posting this in this forum but since basically i need to see what gear one would use for this purpose, i just assumed i'd put it here.