1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Makin' and slicin' loops

Discussion in 'Recording' started by maintiger, Jul 2, 2004.

1. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

I had never gotten into loops before as my main program is Digital performer for the mac and acid is only for the PC and I had never played around with it. Several months ago I got Soundtrack for the mac and I started playing around with it a little bit.

To make a long story short, lately I've been exporting some of my DP mixes to Soundtrack, adding some swetening (brass stabs and other instruments I can't really play) and percussion and then exporting the separate tracks back into DP for mixing. This is working great and am having a lotta fun!

My question is, I've been finding myself making short loops in DP for songs and sending it to Soundtrack but I don't know how to "slice" the loops and "acidizing" them. What mac program will allow me to do that so I can use my loops in other songs by transposing them or changing tempos? I don't think soundtrack has that function and if it does I haven't been able to find it.

2. maintiger

Actually I just did a google search and found a loop slicing utility for soundtrack in the apple site. I'm going to download it and check it out- any other info would certainly be appreciated.

3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

Also be aware that DP can import Acid and ReCycle format files.

The Apple Loop utility will also load Acid files with the slices intact. and allow you to convert them to Apple Loops.

It appears that the Logic7 beta has Apple Lop support.

8)

4. maintiger

What I want to do is to slice my own loops that I make so I have them available to play around with in other tunes. I haven't gotten around to download the soundtrack utility yet. Maybe this weekend...