Making ISO images

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by blueinkpen, Feb 9, 2005.

1. blueinkpen

blueinkpen Guest

Hi.
    Are there any programs or something that would make some sort of a "virtual" cd-burner where instead of writing the data to a disc it writes it to an ISO file?

The situation I need this for is a client wants to make duplicates himself on his computer and I'd like to give him an iso image on a CD (or download) along with MD5 to verify its contents so that he has a completely accurate image. The only thing to do (which is probably fine) is to make him a CD and he can just make an ISO from that and make copies then.

What to you guys suggest?

-Joel

BTW - I'm using Windows XP

2. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

Not sure about windows but macs can do it. Maybe a window guy can chime in.

3. You can easily make ISO images in Plextools, Pioneer RecordNow DX.... I'm sure most more advanced burning software can handle this kind of thing. You can add MD5's with Advanced Checksum Verifier as well.

4. Ammitsboel

Ammitsboel Member

Hello leonard'o'Von kravitzé

Are you and Bob making a 5.1 room??

Best Regards

5. Aitzi

Aitzi Guest

You can make images with Nero, ... and Wavelab too

I always make that for costumers they only make a demo CD
    and burn it for there own.

kind regards

6. IanJ

IanJ Guest

cdclone it's that simple

7. blueinkpen

blueinkpen Guest

Do you mean CloneCD? And from their website (http://www.elaborate-bytes.com) it doesn't appear to do what I originally wanted which is being a virtual cd-writer, not image file mounter.
    But thanks for the idea anyhow,