1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

marantz cdr630 recorder...anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by mixedup, Apr 13, 2007.

1. mixedup

mixedup Guest

i can't find any media that works anymore! help!!! any info would be appreciated...

p.s. i just tried HHB cdr74 gold and HHB cdr80ip and neither work. :(

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Try Apogee Gold. Are you sure it is a media problem and not a problem with the unit?

3. mixedup

mixedup Guest

pretty sure...i've got some "older" media i've tried with it and it registers it as a cd-r...

the newer stuff just give me an OPCFAIL error...

4. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

You should contact Marantz about a firmware upgrade, directly.

30 pounds overweight so, no firmware here
    Ms. Remy Ann David

5. srs

srs Guest

Mixedup,

For what it's worth, I have this deck, and I have the same issue. So I don't think it's your deck. Apparently cds are being manufactured differently than when these decks were new.

srs

6. mixedup

mixedup Guest

thanks for the info...i've already started looking into a new unit (not something i wanted to do, but oh well...).
    tascam claims theirs are compatible with "high speed" media, so that's an option.

i did contact marantz and they gave me recommendations as far as media...none of which are available anymore!

7. mjh

mjh Guest

Marantz 630 media

I just purchased the Maxell CD-R Max and they work in the Marantz. The cds are from Japan. I tried the Verbatim Vinyl without success.