1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by Juliana, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Juliana

Juliana Guest

I previously asked about the versatility of a degree in communications for a career in the music business (specifically at a label), would a marketing degree be helpful also?

and by also i mean instead of. :lol:

Thanks. (and sorry for the repetitiveness of my posts. I just have no one else who knows anything about the business.)
  2. Juliana

Juliana Guest

I probably should have mentioned that I'm not necessarily looking to work in the marketing department of the label... I'm looking more towards A&R.
  3. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Oberlin, OH
    Home Page:
    The more and varied a background you can bring to a job the better chances are for success in that job. Anything that helps you to understand what you are doing is a valid. Whether it be real world experience or courses taken as part of your higher education degree. I would think that Marketing would be a good thing to know a lot about as an A&R person.

The most important thing you can bring to a job is your people skills and the experience of actually doing that job - everything else is secondary.
  4. allflowerz

allflowerz Guest

Experience is priceless