1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mastering for sequenced drums

Discussion in 'Drums' started by Flavy, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Flavy

Flavy Guest

Hey all ... i dont have a lot of money or a studio setup but i do enjoy makin music .. anyway ... i dont have any live drum recording setup so i rely on sequenced drums .. which i do .. using fruity loops & some acoustic samples ... my question is .. how do i make the sequenced drums sound real?? i mean yea they're not real so cant happen .. but how do i get as close as possible .. how do i master them?? .. & if someone would be kind enough to just take a couple mins & master this track i did .. just for fun .. the drums ... so i can see what they would sound like .. AFTER they're mastered ... I just recorded this yesterday .. just the first verse & the chorus for Sugarcult's Memory ... thanks ... appreciate it ....

Here is JUST the drum track

Drum Track

Here is the song .. mixed & stuff ...

Mixed

2. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

I think you are getting mixing and mastering mixed up. Mastering is what you do to a completed song. What you are asking about is a mixdown were you work on indivdual instruments. Maybe post this in the recording forum?

-TOM-

3. Flavy

Flavy Guest