Mastering Free

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by emokidsimon, Feb 19, 2005.

1. emokidsimon

emokidsimon Guest

Hey, i know this sounds a bit far fetched but is there anyone on here that would master my bands new cd for free, thank you.

http://www.fallenidlemusic.com

2. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

Well, not for free. but if you have anything I might want for trade, i'll consider it. I take women, gold, electronics, camcorders, small boats and planes, computers, basically anything worth something.

3. yeah, this guy. good luck.

4. britbrian

britbrian Guest

I'd certainly have a look at it for you, and do it for free if I like it.
    I'm in the UK, near Brighton
    Contact me at jsmithy@hotmail.co.uk

5. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

One set of Plugins: $3800

One set of "studio monitors": $350

Not being able to make sense why someone would have $3800 worth of plugins and cheapo monitors and then offer mastering services with nearfields: Priceless.

6. Screws

Screws Active Member

My chest is hurting from laughing, John. Ouch!

7. drumsab

drumsab Active Member

Hey man, you've got guts!! And look where it has taken you: you've got one offer already!
    I'm just starting in the recording area, otherwise I might have considered. But you are better off without me.... Good luck! :cool:

8. TrilliumSound

TrilliumSound Active Member

emokidsimon;

Do you want a muffin and a coffee with that ? :roll:

9. vhollund

vhollund Guest

When you get it free you pay for the troubles afterwards 8)

10. britbrian

britbrian Guest

What a great forum ... so much selfless and helpful advice!
    Especially from the land of the 'free'. :(

11. Michael Fossenkemper

Sorry Britbrian, I don't think they mean to knock you. you are doing a good thing if this guy takes you up on it. you have to start somewhere and if that's taking on gigs for the experience, then that's what it takes. It's always good to try different material from different people. you get feedback and they get something in return. We just try and keep service pimping to a minimum, this is a forum for discussion and problems, not so much for creating work. Best thing to do is email offline.

12. britbrian

britbrian Guest

This is my last posting on the subject as I don't want this thread to degenerate into a slanging match ... but you will notice that in my very first post, I suggested that the original poster should email me direct, thereby taking it 'off forum'.
    Also, I'm not just starting up .. I've been doing it for about 15 years. My reason for offering this guy a freebie is that I thought he had bottle to ask for it!, and also because I think we all need a little help in our early days.
    'Have a nice day'.

13. Michael Fossenkemper

Britbrian,
    my intent was not to disrespect you in my post, I hope you didn't take it that way.

14. theforgotten

theforgotten Guest

leonardkravitz when I click on the link that you posted there is a message "The topic or post you requested does not exist".Can you help us?BTW there is a free mastering at:

(edited by moderator)

15. aivoryuk

aivoryuk Guest

you can always e-mail myself and may be willing to take on a project if its right