Mastering House for 1/2inch Tape?

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by RobertPhilbeck, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Hello all,
    Does anyone know of a studio that can mix and master tracks I have recorded on 1/2 inch tape. I do not want to have to take my machine to the studio with me. I would like to find a place equiped with an 8 track 1/2 inch tape machine so I can just carry the reels with me. I'm in Atlanta, but would consider shipping the tape if I need to.

2. OTRjkl

OTRjkl Guest

Robert -

I am an independent engineer and do my work in several studios here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. At least one of those studios has the machine you need (I'm pretty sure - I have a call in to him to find out for sure).

If you can give me some specifics as to tape speed, type of noise reduction (if used), etc. I will find out what his machine is capable of. You can e-mail me directly at

I also do mastering as well. Would love to talk with you about your project.
  3. joe lambert

joe lambert Distinguished past mastering moderator Active Member

Oct 17, 2001
    321 West 44th Street Suite 1001
    Home Page:
    Is your stereo mix on the 8 track tape? I have rented 8 track machines for projects before. It's no problem to find them here.

Joe Lambert
  4. drumsound

drumsound Active Member

Feb 12, 2001
    Bloomington, IL
    Try Elixir Recording in Athens GA. The last time I was there they had a Tascam 80-8 in the control room. Otho Wilburn or Peter are the engineers. They're both quite good. The studio email is