Mastering in LA

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by maintiger, Sep 10, 2004.

1. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

I'm recording and co-producing a rock/jazz/latin project- 13 songs in all, under 50 minutes. We are all excited about it as the songs are A-1 and we are getting a real good sound. Currently we are mixing, should be done sometime in late September, early October at the latest

My question is, anyone knows of moderately priced mastering in LA that you can recommend? The client has shot his wad with this project but we still would like a good mastering job for this project-
    I'm also not opposed to sending it out of town either, but I'd hate to recomment someone out of town to my client not knowing what to expect... :D

2. Ammitsboel

Ammitsboel Member

The best recommendation is if you can have a ME to demo master one of the songs so your client can see if he likes it.
    You are welcome to ask me about it.

But good luck with the project no matter what happens.

3. mixandmaster

mixandmaster Active Member

email me, and I'll give you some details...

4. maintiger

Thanks guys- we'll have a track ready in a week or so- :D

5. ARTitect

ARTitect Guest

I would do a free demo as well if you are at all interested. I am new to the forum, and I do not have an impressive list of clients/albums to boast, but I am very cheap right now and I would like to let my work speak for itself.

Best Regards,
    ARTitect

6. Ed Littman

Ed Littman Guest

Dave collins
    http://www.collinsaudio.com/

Jay Frigoletto
    http://www.promastering.com/

I'm sure these guys will work somthing out with you. They are some of the best ME's in the biz.
    Ed

7. joe lambert

joe lambert Distinguished Member

I agree with Ed. If I was looking for an LA based mastering engineer outside of the "big facilities", Dave Collins would be my only choice.
    If you're entertaining the idea of sending it this way please feel free to email me to talk about it.

8. maintiger

Thanks guys, is very nice to for you to respond. We are still a couple of weeks (or more) away from mastering, is great to have so many options!

9. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

We all agree about Dave Collins in LA. Many options in NYC including me.