mastering mixer: which one is good enough...!?

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by recordwoman, May 24, 2005.

1. recordwoman

recordwoman Guest

hello. i have a DAW with 8 analog OUTs. now i want to mix and master my 4 stereosubgroups (drums&bass, guitars, vocals, keys and FX) with my outboardequipment (api-compressor and SSL- and ORBAN-EQs). after that i wanna mix the 8 tracks again with an analog mixer.
    BUT: which mixing console is suitable for this!? my mackie 1402 VLZ isn't really linear ;-) have u any proposals!? 8 - 10 channels are enough.
    THANX!

2. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

why don't you get one of those analog summing boxes? there are a few of them out there. Don't know if you need a "mixer" if you've got better outboard gear than a "mixer" would have. plus you only have 8 channels.

3. recordwoman

recordwoman Guest

ahhh, i researched in google: very interesting units on the market! i've never seen before....!
    do u know other ones beside these!?
    - Tube-Tech SSA-2A Summing Amp
    - SPL Mixdream XP
    - Audient Sumo

4. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

Dangerous Music, Nautilus or something like that, maybe Manley. Try DAW summing or something like that. weeee another woman on the forum.