Discussion in 'Mastering' started by storkrecords, Mar 28, 2004.

1. storkrecords

storkrecords Guest

So I just finished an acoustic project. Its my first paying gig. The client wanted a good demo at first, but now he is digging the mix and wants to have it mastered. My questions are:
    Should I inverst in a Finalizer, some good software? or should I send this to be mastered? Obviously sending it to be mastered is the best choice, but I'm nervous in doing so. First off I know the guy doesn't want to spend a ton of money. He just wants to fatten it up a bit and most of all boost the level. Second I've got the first "send to be mastered" jitters. Has any one felt like that b4. I'm fairly confident that I didn't fudge it. I kept the compresion to a minimum. I really would like to hear a mix of mine mastered, but I was planning on it being my dollar. Anyway, Let me know what you think. Thanks Ed
  2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    I'd suggest you get one of the guys in the Mastering forun here (Joe, Don, Doug or Michael) a shout via private email with the details and see what they are willing to do for you. I would think that any one of them would be able to give you outstanding results for a resonable cost.
  3. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Distinguished Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Listen to AG someone to master it for you!!! Best advice you will ever get!