Mastering?????????

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by storkrecords, Mar 28, 2004.

1. storkrecords

storkrecords Guest

So I just finished an acoustic project. Its my first paying gig. The client wanted a good demo at first, but now he is digging the mix and wants to have it mastered. My questions are:
    Should I inverst in a Finalizer, some good software? or should I send this to be mastered? Obviously sending it to be mastered is the best choice, but I'm nervous in doing so. First off I know the guy doesn't want to spend a ton of money. He just wants to fatten it up a bit and most of all boost the level. Second I've got the first "send to be mastered" jitters. Has any one felt like that b4. I'm fairly confident that I didn't fudge it. I kept the compresion to a minimum. I really would like to hear a mix of mine mastered, but I was planning on it being my dollar. Anyway, Let me know what you think. Thanks Ed

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

I'd suggest you get one of the guys in the Mastering forun here (Joe, Don, Doug or Michael) a shout via private email with the details and see what they are willing to do for you. I would think that any one of them would be able to give you outstanding results for a resonable cost.

3. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

Listen to AG here...pay someone to master it for you!!! Best advice you will ever get!