1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Masterlink or Computer Cd burning?q

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by passionmax, Jun 17, 2003.

1. passionmax

passionmax Guest

Is there any sonic difference in sound quality if you burn your final mix into your computer with a program like DP or logic compared to recording your final mix into the alesis Masterlink. I own a Apple dual gig G4. I know a lot of people record right intot eh computer or bounce in protools and burn cd's. I dont care about the storage factor or the mastering effects in the masterlink. Why should I spend the money if I can burn a cd in my Apple g4. If there is no difference I won't pick up the mastelink. If there is some sonic difference please let me know thanks
  2. David French

David French Distinguished Member

Jun 19, 2002
    For a digital transfer from PC to Masterlink, the only difference you could have would be more errors. For an analog transfer, you might degrade the signal a little by going through two extra transductions. Assuming no errors in the digital transfer, the Masterlink will burn the same CD that the G4 will.