1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Maybe it`s better to wait a bit now...

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Mucio, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Mucio

Mucio Guest

Hi friends.

Everybody is so fuzzy about the new gear and software these days.
    I do some home recording and professionally do some session too,so at home I use cubase 5.0 and nowdays lots of studio where I do session work(guitar/bass) use ProTools,it was a trill to read about the M-Box but not without a little deception when I realized it was not a Firewire thing instead of USB,also it does not mention Mac OS X compability,I love Digidesign`s software but these are complex days in the computer-based-audio-recording industry ,times of great progress and changes.as a Mac user ,time to wait for new aps for Mac OSX...I`d like some feedback from you guys on this issue,the M-Box here serves only as an example.

Have fun.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

I am staying with the system I bought 4 years ago..(Pro Tools Mix + TDM)

Reasons...

Mac (still using old one)
    SCSI / firewire??
    96k - storage space???
    Native / DSP card system?

I think I could use it for upto another 2 years with little problems....

For starting with a DAW you have to 'jump in' but for upgrading..... it depends on a lot. For example - I dont have clients breathing down my neck for 96k. (yet)

Jules

3. Mucio

Mucio Guest

Yeah man! Four years that`s a very solid time .Everybody should care more about getting the best from the gear instead of spend time and shopping around for new gear every few weeks(days???)...Although it`s always fun to read about new stuff(and help those magazines sell...)I hope I can remain solid to my gear for at least these four years of yours (they sound like four decades to me...) nowdays sounds like a big challenge...
    Good luck for the next four years...