1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

MBox Micro?! Any ideas...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by hxckid88, Apr 11, 2008.

1. hxckid88

hxckid88 Active Member

May 9, 2005
    I bring the Mbox Micro up because I am a Cubase/PC user, but I want to learn and MIX in Pro Tools without buying another interface. I own a Presonus Firestudio and any tracking I will do with that (at least for the near future). I am familiar with Pro Tools but I don't spend nearly as much time on it as I do Cubase.

The cheapest and most convenient way to get Pro Tools without buying a full on interface seems to be the Mbox Micro. I could upgrade to 7.4 from there. And it might be my best bet at getting Pro Tools, like I said, if I bought an interface that is compatible with Pro Tools I probably wouldn't use it anyway!

Why you ask? I don't know, I'm just curious, i'd plop down some money for it to "practice" on. I'm waiting... saving up to get a dedicated DAW Mac Pro with my audio software of my choice. I'm kind of winging it on my multi-purpose PC, and I'm very comfortable with Cubase but I'm trying to sink my nails into Pro Tools. Not sure what direction I'll go with a home studio but I have a feeling it will be Pro Tools when I have to shell out a couple few G's.

Any other ideas on how to get a copy of Pro Tools just to mix on?