1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mbox mini home studio help

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Dwrek, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Dwrek

Dwrek Guest

Alright, I'm set on getting the Mbox Mini, and I just want some insight on what else i should get. It comes with decent monitors, and a condenser mic, I just want some help or some input on what else i should get.

I'm going to have about 400 dollars left after i get the mbox, so... my question is... what else should i buy to make this into an efficient and quality home studio?
  2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    "I'm going to be making a recording. What do I need?"

The answer could be, AN 80 PIECE ORCHESTRA? THE MORMON TABERNACLE CHOIR? Am I getting close? Max Weinberg & a Max Weinberg seven? 40 more microphones? What about the electric bill? I know? A guitar.

Not knowing what the heck you're going to record? I'd say get $400 more of software. You could get 4 different other microphones for under $100 each. How about 2 different microphones for under $200 each? You can even buy a single $300 microphone & a $100 microphone. Or maybe? Get the point? How about eight $50 microphones? No no wait. $200 worth of microphones & $200 of more software. That's it. That's the ticket.

I just paid my $25 parking ticket
    Ms. Remy Ann David