1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

McGill Sound Recording

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by radioliver, Oct 13, 2004.

1. radioliver

radioliver Guest

Hey there,
    I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of the masters in Sound Recording at McGill University in Montreal. I have read many articles stating it is the best recording program in North America. They only choose 5 applicants per year and you need a bachelors degree in music. Anyone ever heard good or bad stuff about this program? I live in Montreal and I'm thinking of going in music to later on try to get in the sound recording masters. :D
  2. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Oberlin, OH
    Home Page:
    GO FOR IT!

I was going to hire a women engineer who graduated from there as my assistant doing classical music recordings. She was really a great engineer and really knew her stuff. I listened to the recordings she did of some Baroque ensembles and they were stunning. She told me all about the place and it sounded UNBELIEVABLE. I would think it would be worth your time and trouble to do some more investigation. Unfortunately we were not able to hire her due to some problems with immigration.