1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Memory prices still falling

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Tommy P., Feb 27, 2003.

1. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Check this:
    CRUCIAL MICRON 512MB 64x64 PC 2700 DDR RAM - OEM $79.00 free shipping, lifetime warranty

That was from newegg as of 2/27/03. Best price ever for the best ram. Grab em if you need em. I don't know how far prices will drop. I've seen it like this once before, prices usually turn back up towards the spring.
  2. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Active Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Ontario Canada
    Home Page:
    I just got the same ram(micron) for $77.00(115cdn) today. Bought 2 more. Yep, the prices have just droped for intel also. They droped by around 20%. :tu:
  3. Prolab

Prolab Guest

Tommy, I need PC2100...What was your source please?
  4. Tommy P.

Tommy P. Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Prolab, you can use the PC2700 instead of the PC2100, but I'll dig up a link for PC2100.
    Edit: you should'nt mix different types on the same board though.

PC2700 79.99 at newegg.com
    PC2100 71.99

free tee shirt too if you want one :cool:
  5. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Man.....I love the price drops!!! Have to start looking at prices on everything again. Been out of the loop on this stuff for too damn long now!
    It's almost as if I'm out of the loop!
    Can someone give me a brain refresher course! lmao!
    Opus :D
  6. Blutone

Blutone Guest

LMAO! You just need to update your drivers. lol.
  7. Tore Nylund

Tore Nylund Guest

Well, I've also noticed this price-drop... and I've ordered another 512MB 2700 DDR RAM.
    So I will end up with having 1024 MB RAM on my ANUS-machine. Is it worth adding even more RAM than that to my DAW?
    In what way would that gain performance of it? Number of VST-plugins? Software sampler performance? Or even more audiotracks?
    As I understand VST-plugins is mainly a matter of CPU-power.
  8. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    Adding memory does not give you more audio tracks or more VSTi's in any way. The performance difference between 512 and 1GB is very little but it's the "ease of mind" that it gives you that make syou feel more confident in your system! lol
    It's extra "headroom" so to speak for memory intensive applications or samples basically that will benefit more from it than anything.
    Only the CPU will give you more out of the system than anything.