1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mesa Boogie Bass 400+

Discussion in 'Bass' started by BjornZetterlund, Jul 10, 2005.

1. I am in a position to buy this amp for a good price, and was just wondering if there is anyone here that has had any experience with it? I have had the oppurtunity to test it and give it a brief service, and whilst it needs a re-valve, I really like the sound of it. It does have a little bit of hum and some spurious crackly noises, but I am fairly certain that these will go away with a re-valve. If anyone has heard one, or even better, has owned one for a long time, I'd be very happy to hear what your opinion is of this lovely beast!

Many thanks,

Bjorn

2. Dossetter

Dossetter Guest

I was recently in the market for tube amps and had the opportunity to try some Mesa Boogie amps. While they were guitar amps, not bass amps, they kicked ass! I didn't wind up getting one but the quality of those things kicks ass. If you have one you love and are willing to buy, do it!

Peace,
    Benji

3. Dossetter

Dossetter Guest

O yeah, buy some tubes for back-up

Groovetubes are nice

4. Thanks Dossetter...I just bought it! I love that industrial style solid construction. Am currently investigating a re-valve, as the originals are in a sorry state.

Bjorn