1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

audio Metal with a More Organic "Live" Vibe

Discussion in 'Fix This MIX!' started by JakeAC5253, Feb 27, 2013.

1. JakeAC5253

JakeAC5253 Active Member

I've always liked my metal to sound like if you stuck a knife in it, it would bleed. Can't stand metal mixes that sound unnaturally produced and "perfect", organic can sound good too :)

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

I don't know hi ya to produce a product such as this? It sounds like real rock 'n roll? How impractical can you get? Like everybody feel so badly about how crappy their own stuff sounds. That's cruel to do LOL gulp I just inhaled my own spit.

That's real organic rock just the way it was supposed to be. Kids today don't sound organic. They sound like they are playing on instruments made from Karen Carpenter?

Do you want paper or plastic?
    Mx. Remy Ann David

3. Voiceofallanger

Voiceofallanger Active Member

Anything with a drum machine on sounds processed to me, I hate sampled drums. I think it ruins any chance of a live feel, ever.

4. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Sounds great man. All it needs is Bruce Dickinson. Just out of curiosity, EZ Drummer?

5. JakeAC5253

JakeAC5253 Active Member

I definitely prefer real drums both mixing and listening, but a lot of projects I get are using MIDI drums. I personally hate it, but it's a sign of the times for sure.

Hueseph - Slate overheads, triggered kick and snare.