1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by AudioTracker1, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Hey all. question. can you put a generic meter bridge on any board? Do they make generic meter bridges for boards? or do you have to have a specific model made for your exact board.

i have gotten an older Ramsa board, that i dont think originally came with a meter bridge. i think it was designed for Live use. But, it sounds great, and, i want to use it in my studio, but, would like a meter bridge, or a least a couple of VU meters . Can this be done?

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Moderator

Feb 23, 2005
    You can get some after-market metering devices made by Coleman Audio and McDonohough (?). Both of these options are rack-mounting packages and definitely NOT cheap! Plus, you are probably looking for more than 1 or 2 channels, right?
    First off, look at the connections panel on the board. Do you see a multi-pin (25 or so) socket on it? This might also be INSIDE the desk, near that rear connector and on one end of the board, possibly mounted on a PCB.
    This will clue you in to whether that model did have an optional meter bridge available. Say, now that I think about it, maybe you can hunt down the technical manual on e-Bay...that should tell you what you need to know.