1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

METRO

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Holliwud, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Holliwud

Holliwud Guest

I appologize if this is a dumb question, but I can't seems find the answer anywhere. I am looking to find the sequencer METRO because it was mentioned in the Deck mannual. Where can I find it? Is it freeware? OR How much? Is there a better product for general use? I am grateful for any enlightenment.
    Thanks

2. regebro

regebro Guest

I went to http:// (best search engine ever) and typed in metro sequencer and hit search. I got tons of hits.

This is one of them: http://

3. Holliwud

Holliwud Guest

Been there...Then I've got a problem. Is there a Bias-Deck group here somewhere? I looked at cakewalk and METRO is a DAE, but Deck manual refers to it as a sequencer. Why do I need two DEAs. Is this the best sequ. prog.
    thanks

4. Jon Best

Jon Best Active Member

Metro is a solid, midlevel audio and midi recorder/sequencer. Cakewalk bought it from somebody to have a mac presence. There aren't a lot of sequencers that _don't_ do audio out there anymore, so at least one of the answers to what you're looking for is to switch over to a program that does both. On the mac, you've got MOTU's Digital Performer, Emagic's Logic, Steinberg's Cubase, just to name a few. This might be easier for you in the long run than syncing two different programs. That's the route I would go if most of your projects will be audio _and_ midi. If you want a Mac sequencer that doesn't do audio, I'd try MOTU's Performer first.

Originally posted by Holliwud:
    Been there...Then I've got a problem. Is there a Bias-Deck group here somewhere? I looked at cakewalk and METRO is a DAE, but Deck manual refers to it as a sequencer. Why do I need two DEAs. Is this the best sequ. prog.
    thanks

5. Holliwud

Holliwud Guest

Thanks
    I have tried a few apps, i keep going back to Deck because I seem to get the most done in a sitting. I like PT the best, but too much $$$ for me right now. Unfortunately because I am trying to get to audio & video. I want to have sequencing on audio sessions to later match-up to video time code. Right now I just want to be able to facilitate accurate audio editing. So maybe I'm going about it all wrong, but that's why I'm here and on other news groups. I am currently looking for an on-line class to learn this stuff. The course must be from an accreditted school. Any ideas?