1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

MI4 with pro tools. can it be done?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Gra76, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Gra76

Gra76 Guest

I have a Steinberg MI4 interface that i have used with Cubase. I would like to use pro tools (I still like cubase its just that many people i work with use Pro tools)

Can I use the Steinberg MI4 interface with Pro tools LE? (to save me having to buy an M-box etc) :-?

2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

PT will only work with a Digi approved interface. The list of devices is published at the Digi websight and is organized by version of PT.

3. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

If you don't want to invest in PT-compatible hardware at this stage, you could continue to track with Cubase and import your .wav files into PT for post processing. Bear in mind that PTLE and M-Powered often are available as hardware bundles that are a lot cheaper than buying hardware and software separately.

PS JA - I thought my eyesite was failing and that you had written "webcite", but in hindsite I saw it was actually "websight".

4. Gra76

Gra76 Guest

ok. thanks. I was afraid that was the case. But yeah, i'll think about the wave import thingi.

cheers

5. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

LOL-It was late and I was enjoying a brief 90 minutes where my newborn was asleep and with my wife......