1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Mic Lockers/Cabinets/Closets etc.

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by MigrantRecords, Jul 16, 2005.

1. This might sound like a strange question, but I hear a lot about mic cabinets, or lockers, or closets...

How do all of you like to store your mics? Is "locker" just an over-all term used in an allegorical way? Or do you actually have a locker/cabinet/closet dedicated to locking up your mics?

Again, how do ya'll store and care for your mics?

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    A lot depends on how often you need to access your mics. When I had my commericial studio I had a wooden locker which was small closet that I picked up from home improvment store. For my home studio I'm using the original boxes/cases and I store them in a foot locker that fits under my console. If I need to take my mics with me as I do from time to time, I bring the whole foot locker.

The important thing is too keep them away from dust, moisture and damage.
  3. hociman

hociman Active Member

May 29, 2005
    Home Page:

Our lavs and shotguns (post, not music) are stored in what looks like, and is, a locker. It also has padlocks. 8) We keep our firewire drives in a locker, and our portable DAT recorders in a locker.

Isn't one of the lines in The Wedding Crashers promo "Lock it up!"? :D
  4. maximumdf

maximumdf Guest

Is seriously the funniest movie i've ever seen. Meet the Parents with nudity, sex, and profanity everywhere.

I don't think it really matters what you use as long as its secure and dry.