Mic Suggestions primarily for Saxophone and Flute

Discussion in 'Brass' started by lambchop, Mar 9, 2010.

1. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

That's right, and that's why the RE-20 is so good on a sax (and so many other sources). It isn't easy to overdrive a preamp with one, and it stays clean and articulate even when "eaten". Another great advantage to having the RE-20 is that it can double as a hammer (that's why so many sound geeks swear that's the mic to have if you were ever stranded on a desert island!)...How much did it send you back?

2. lambchop

lambchop Active Member

New Jersey (right outside the Big Apple!)
    Home Page:
    I think I did pretty well. It cost me a total of $296.00 delivered to my door. It has a minor screen dent on the top that was discolsed in the listing, but I've heard that it was a solid mic that could take a lot of abuse so I just took the chance. The signal appeared clean when I tested it last night so I just wanted to make sure that the db level was consistent with everyone else's experience.

I don't think that I would've taken the same chance if it was a ribbon mic I was bidding on.